Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Veteran Andy > Rookie Joe Burrow
(01-19-2020, 03:47 PM)Synric Wrote: Tom Brady is selling his New England home...now he's saying he plans to hit free agency and talk to teams. It's possible he isnt getting any love from the Patriots FO....

More fuel for the Dalton to Patriots trade?!?!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tom-brady-prepared-to-meet-with-teams-other-than-the-patriots-in-2020-free-agency/amp/
https://nypost.com/2019/08/12/tom-brady-explains-why-hes-selling-his-new-england-mansion/

They will be desperate man if Brady leaves. Ask for a 2nd or 3rd and we hand Dalton over to them.

(01-19-2020, 04:00 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: More optimistic than I am about our roster! I of course, hope you're right and I'm wrong but I think we have more holes than that. If we make no moves on the O-Line then I'll be massively disappointed.

An aggressive use of Cap can turn that around, but that is hardly what the Bengals do. They have in a few recent drafts (last decade or so) nailed it though so that's possible.

I actually think Burrow has some good targets to throw to. Depends on the likes to Eifert/Green though. No valid replacement on either front (if we lose them) and its a much weaker receiving cast.

Dalton did do well, but as has been said elsewhere he inherited a better roster than Burrow likely will. We did go 4-11-1 the year before sure, but that record was a massive letdown as most expected a ton better from the roster we had at the time. Rookie QB's have done alright sure, but other than something like Mark Sanchez no Rookie QB is the finished product in their prime.

Either way I hope he kills it, but if Burrow is poor in Year 1 im not too fussed. No rookie QB has ever gone to the promised land and I don't think next years Bengals are doing it. His progression in Years 2/3 and beyond are far more important than his stats will be next year.

I mean, we have a good D-line and talented Secondary on Defense. We have a good young LB'er in Germaine Pratt who should 
grow into a very good Linebacker and LB's have been the biggest problem with our Defense. On Offense the O-line just needs to 
get shored up and we have the dough to take care both the O-line and the LB's in FA and re-sign guys like Dennard, Mixon, Billings
and even Green if he is healthy and takes a contract that considers his injury history. Eifert too.

Amari Cooper is out there and a bunch of TE's that would be upgrades as well. We have like 86 mil in cap space if we trade Andy
which is likely in my eyes especially after just hearing of Brady selling his house and planning to hit FA. I expect us to spend some
dough this year for once since we are going to get a new QB, we did when Palmer came in, we should again.

Honestly, I would rather move on from Green and Eifert cause of the injuries and get some players like Cooper and Ebron to 
replace them with their injury history. I know Eifert stayed healthy last year but he was clearly a shadow of his 2015 self cause 
of all the injuries.

In FA - Thuney G, Jamie Collins LB, Cooper WR, Ebron TE = heck of a start then draft Burrow and a RT next.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Veteran Andy > Rookie Joe Burrow - N_B - 01-04-2020, 02:48 PM
RE: Veteran Andy > Rookie Joe Burrow - N_B - 01-04-2020, 02:56 PM
RE: Veteran Andy > Rookie Joe Burrow - N_B - 01-04-2020, 04:12 PM
RE: Veteran Andy > Rookie Joe Burrow - N_B - 01-04-2020, 04:25 PM
RE: Veteran Andy > Rookie Joe Burrow - CJD - 01-04-2020, 06:04 PM
RE: Veteran Andy > Rookie Joe Burrow - N_B - 01-04-2020, 06:52 PM
RE: Veteran Andy > Rookie Joe Burrow - CJD - 01-06-2020, 12:36 AM
RE: Veteran Andy > Rookie Joe Burrow - N_B - 01-04-2020, 11:09 PM
RE: Veteran Andy > Rookie Joe Burrow - N_B - 01-04-2020, 11:11 PM
RE: Veteran Andy > Rookie Joe Burrow - J24 - 01-13-2020, 12:49 PM
RE: Veteran Andy > Rookie Joe Burrow - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-19-2020, 04:40 PM