Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tua Tagovailoa to enter NFL Draft
(01-06-2020, 04:09 PM)Whatever Wrote: I think Tua entering the draft makes it a lot less likely Miami or anyone else makes a move up for Burrow.

I wouldn't take Tua at 5 mainly due to his injury history.  I'd consider gambling on him at 18, but he'll be gone by then in this class.

The supporting cast argument against Burrow can also be made in spades against Tua.  Jeudy is a Top 10 prospect at WR, Ruggs is being projected as a 1st rounder, Willis is being projected as a 1st rounder at RT, and Leatherwood was in late 1st-early 2nd discussion as a LT.  

I've never made the supporting cast argument against Burrow, but I know that's not what you're saying.
Those that make that argument need to realize that all NFL teams have a better supporting cast than what college teams have.

As for Tua, the injury makes me have him lower than Burrow. But Tua is my QB2 barring an injury setback.
And the ability to get two more 1st rounders along with Tua would ease that worry even more because you'd be able to build an even better supporting cast.

I didn't mean to make it sound like I wanted Tua + trade backs over Burrow at 1. I was just saying that if it happened, that's how I would want it to play out.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tua Tagovailoa to enter NFL Draft - ochocincos - 01-06-2020, 04:16 PM