Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official Joe Burrow / NCG Thread***
(01-14-2020, 12:01 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Clemson's defense is the real deal. Has been for a few years.

That was my biggest takeaway. I hate listening to the Venables hype-train during the flagship broadcast (so much that I watched the coach film room broadcast from the 2nd quarter until the Lawrence fumble). But he is the DC who throws the most NFL-comparable pressure and coverages at an offense; and does it with NFL-ready talent at his disposal. They may not be THE top defense, but there’s probably not another defense you’d choose for one shot in a National championship game

Burrow looked a little baffled in the first quarter (even though I think the 2 drive starts inside the 10 didn’t help). But by the time Burrow led the drives through the middle to end of the 3rd quarter and the drive that ran the clock down to under 7 minutes left in the game, Venables’ defensive calls looked like he was just guessing. Burrow had completely, deliberately, decisively, and precisely picked apart the best situational defense in the country.

Burrow was throwing the haymakers and he did look cold-blooded. Tell me you don’t want that in the huddle. He passed the eye test for me in the Alabama game, but he reinforced it in the NCG. Who-Dey.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Official Joe Burrow / NCG Thread*** - LebanonFan - 01-14-2020, 12:34 PM