Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official Joe Burrow / NCG Thread***
Without watching any college football all year, here were my main takeaways on Joe.

-Joe has the best deep ball we may have ever seen. The one ball that #1 dropped in the endzone was right on the outside shoulder. He overthrew one pass from what I remember, but it wasn't by much.

-He has accuracy too, he placed it right where it needed to be on the slants. I'm excited to get away from the Andy Dalton high passes that get our receivers murdered.

-Joe Burrow can take a shot and get back up. The LB that got booted from the game was a mauler, and that hit looked painful.

-Joe's best feature is that he salvages every yard possible. He turns a -8 yard sack into a -2 yard sack. He will turn a covered pass into a 7 yard gain with his legs. He finds a way to find guys downfield in a way that other QBs can't imitate.

I believe Joe will have some growing pains because NFL CBs are way better than the guys he has been facing. He puts up a lot of 50/50 balls, but his receivers are really good. Honestly, it points to the need for AJ or someone else early in the draft this upcoming year.

The draw call on 3rd down with no timeouts was the best playcall I think I have ever seen. It was the most unexpected call and they executed perfectly. Impressive.

Oh, and since I saw the debate on here... Trevor Lawrence is highly overrated in my book. Granted I've only seen one game, but I didn't like what I saw. He looks like a guy they would try to convert to WR in the NFL.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Official Joe Burrow / NCG Thread*** - GreenCornBengal - 01-14-2020, 02:40 PM