Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antonio Brown officially kills his career
(01-14-2020, 03:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It could very well be a factor, but it’s also likely AB was just always a POS. Kind of like how alcohol magnifies people’s true personalities when they’re drunk.

Fair enough.

(01-14-2020, 04:06 PM)Okeana Wrote: True, but you're looking for CTE to be the answer when it doesn't fit at all.  First, that concussion was in the wildcards 2015 and he didn't start acting crazy that next season.  It was only after he signed his new contract the wheels started falling off and he has ex-teammates who have gone on record saying they told this to coaches and other players before he got paid.  I have worked with and know people who have had a traumatic brain injury and it completely changes their personality and its night/day compared to this.  

Symptoms of CTE

Memory loss.
Confusion.
Personality changes (including depression and suicidal thoughts).
Erratic behavior (including aggression).
Problems paying attention and organizing thoughts.
Difficulty with balance and motor skills.

So you're taking one symptom of CTE and applying it to a situation to justify behavior.  I'm sorry, but he's not a victim rather a guy who finds validation through financial wealth and popularity.  He belittles people, consistently says racist comments, sexually assaults women and does it all with his friends cheering on in the background.  This story will end badly and not just for him 

"I feel like money makes you more of who you already are" - Warren Buffet

1. I'm not specifically calling out the 2015 hit. It could've been any hit or an accumulation of hits. It could've been a hit that none of us are even aware of. Hard telling.

2. AB definitely exhibits two of those symptoms (personality changes and erratic behavior) and the other ones would be hard for people who aren't close to him to determine.

If money is making AB lose his mind, he's about to regain it in a hurry.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Antonio Brown officially kills his career - Shake n Blake - 01-14-2020, 04:20 PM