Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What if Burrow pulls an Eli on us?
(01-16-2020, 02:04 PM)BengalsFan1986 Wrote: I’m not too worried about him pulling an Eli just yet, but what is really getting to me is the number of media members ENCOURAGING him to pull an Eli at this point. I feel like it usually comes up as a talking point in the months leading up to the draft, but I really can’t remember this many “pundits” making it sound like it’s the right thing to do. Especially this early in the process.

I get us fans being frustrated and pessimistic about the owners, but what did Mike Brown do to these guys to make them hate this franchise so much? Instead of talking up how much Burrow, an Ohio guy, could mean to the direction of the franchise, all they want to talk about is how he should force a trade and end up in a better situation, like Miami or Carolina. What kind of success have those franchises had that make them desirable locations to force a trade to? Just doesn’t make sense.

Eh, anybody with a brain should take these media hacks opinions with a grain of salt and toss it over there shoulder like a dead deer.

Burrow is a very smart person the last time I noticed. 

(01-16-2020, 02:21 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I think the issue is that someone claimed Burrow would get "destroyed" by our OL. And fred responded by wondering if they think Dalton is tougher and/or better at eluding sacks than Burrow.

Burrow is way better at eluding sacks than Dalton. Burrow is as Nicomo said, tough as nails.

(01-16-2020, 02:45 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Mike Brown has a plethora of faults (Yes, El Guapo: a plethora). But, one of those faults which works in our favor in this situation is his stubbornness. Mike Brown will NOT be dictated to by an unproven rookie. Whoever is drafted by the Bengals will either play for the Bengals or will not play in the NFL. It's really that simple. I don't know why people are so worried about this.

Me either Phil. Mellow
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What if Burrow pulls an Eli on us? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-16-2020, 09:06 PM