Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What if Burrow pulls an Eli on us?
(01-20-2020, 04:37 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I wouldn't say he passed on meeting with the coaches.  I'm sure he has plenty of time for that in the next few months.

He's banged up from the title game.  I don't see the point in him playing either.  I thought I read that he was going to be down at the Senior Bowl for a little while.

He literally has torn cartilage in his ribs. I'm sure the Bengals understand.

(01-24-2020, 01:25 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Well hopefully this puts the “Eli” scenario to rest. Burrow family says he would never refuse to play for the team that drafts him and are getting annoyed at that narrative.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-joe-burrows-family-annoyed-by-talk-qb-could-pull-an-eli-manning/ar-BBZgIMQ

Well there you go. Great news for us.

(01-24-2020, 01:47 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think the Nebraska connection between Taylor and the Burrow family is enough to assume Burrow is the pick, based off Taylor’s penchant for having people around him that he has a past relationship with.

The marketing and money making of having a Heisman and National Championship winner is enough to sell MB on.

It's a dream scenario for both sides, it seems. Joe is an Ohio native, his gf is from Mason, there's a Nebraska connection between HC and Joe, etc.

The Bengals would probably take him regardless, but the fact that he (appears) to want to come home and play for the Bengals is icing. Not to mention the built in connection with the HC.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What if Burrow pulls an Eli on us? - Shake n Blake - 01-25-2020, 02:01 PM