Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chances Joe Brady is our next head coach?
(01-16-2020, 12:09 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree.  Joe is the reason that the change in system, the addition of Joe Brady, and the huge leap into the unknown that LSU made, all paid off.  Chances are that Joe would have emerged in just such a way, had he remained at OSU.  I remember that Spring Game at OSU pretty clearly, Burrow and Haskins both performed equally well, Urban Meyer just chose to go with Haskins, leaving Burrow still on the outside looking in.  As a 4th year Junior, he needed his chance, and LSU was that chance.

Burrow is not just a guy with some physical tools that "got lucky" one season.  His intellect and work ethic are of a magnitude that most average people can't even relate to.  They gave him a Pro coach, who gave him a Pro system, and it worked because Joe could comprehend and process the information on a weekly basis, to make the necessary adjustment to have it all be successful.

This.

And I would like to add to that the many many plays Burrow made by extending the play long enough to find an open target. Without that, LSU probably would not have even been in the College Football Playoffs.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chances Joe Brady is our next head coach? - HuDey - 01-16-2020, 11:24 AM