Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auden Tate is Much Better Than Most People Think
(01-22-2020, 12:53 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Auden Tate has made some people look foolish cause he has 
Solified himself on the roster 
Tate is a big bodied WR who made strides in year 2.
All the more amazing when you consider for a better part of the 
Year the Bengals offense lacked a true burner To back the safties up and loosen the middle of the field 
If defenses dont have to worry about a vertical threat 
Then all.they do is condense and blanket everything underneath 
Passing windows shrink 
Auden Tate rarely had a chance to do damage after a catch 
Cause either 
A. He was catching balls that extended his radius.
B. Most of his routes asked him to have his back to the defense.
Curls...sit down routes...
Was he ever asked to run a Seam route
Or a skinny post ?
Put Tate in the Chiefs offense. He would actually be schemed 
To get open. Get favorable match ups 
Tate is far from a finished product.
But let's not forget.
He was in a offense with a playcaller that took 10 games 
To figure out how to use Mixon and the TEs.
Sometimes talented players are handcuffed by inept OCs.

Alot of excuses here.

Tate has no explosion to his game or short area quickness. His best route was a deep curl or comeback into a zone because he could sit into open space. Dalton was forced to throw him backshoulder alot in man coverage because the corners always had the deep leverage. Tate struggles in the redzone because it takes explosion off the line.

I know everyone loves the body control I did too one of the reasons I was high on him but as an all around receiver he is lacking.

This is Van Jefferson from the Senior bowl today.

That is what you want from an outside receiver. That release and explosion off the line completley opened up the route tree for Jefferson.

This Collin Johnson today. Johnson is 6'6 220+ Watch how quickly he eats the cushion in off man sells the post then the seven then bam snaps it off into a dig. (It was also again Pitts Dane Jackson who had probably the best day at corner.)

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auden Tate is Much Better Than Most People Think - Synric - 01-22-2020, 01:06 AM