Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auden Tate is Much Better Than Most People Think
(01-22-2020, 09:05 AM)Au165 Wrote: I went into a bunch of advanced stats on this topic last time so I'll avoid doing that again for the most part. The summation of my stance based on those stats was Tate suffered from a lot of uncatchable balls and poor ball placement. He was top 20 in the league in contested catch percentage so he makes the most out of it, but no one of the team was thrown more uncatchable balls. For some reason even when he'd run a slant and he has the CB shielded off Dalton either thew it way behind him (Bills) or way in front where he has to dive (Baltimore), he very rarely got a chance at a ball in stride.

People came back and countered with separation, blah blah. He got more separation than Mike Williams in LA and was better at catching contested balls. The big difference was Williams got thrown FAR more catchable passes. Overall I think Mike Williams is a really fair comparison on what Tate probably can be with improved QB play and more opportunity. 

I believe the buzz word "separation" gets tossed around a bit much. Is every snap in the NFL in tight man coverage ?

I'm anxious to see Tate's "separation" with Burrow throwing the ball.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auden Tate is Much Better Than Most People Think - bengalfan74 - 01-22-2020, 09:48 AM