Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auden Tate is Much Better Than Most People Think
(01-22-2020, 12:27 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think him and Aj would be a nightmare on the field at the same time, especially in the red zone (jump balls galore), and especially with Mixon making teams load the box.  Leaving either one of them single-covered without a safety over the top, especially with a Qb like Burrow, leaves the defense vary open to a big play.

If you don't load the box, Mixon will bust off 6 yards a pop.

This..and even if everyone loves to take shots at Ross, his presence does open the middle of the field and pulls a safety out of the box. 

Having Ross, Boyd, AJ, and Tate on the field at the same time would be difficult to defend.  I would rather have Tate out there than our TEs.  I don't see Eifert beating him in a footrace any more and Tate has some of the most amazing hands I have ever seen.  

Let Tate have a year of prep with Taylor as a potential starter and I think he will only continue to progress.  Better line play opens up MUCH more of the entire field than before, which benefits every offensive player.  

I keep dreaming of opening day where I have renewed my tickets (still waiting on the FA moves) and Whit is announced at LG, Thuney at RG, Williams at LT, and Burrow at QB.  That happens, this offense will be very respectable overnight.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auden Tate is Much Better Than Most People Think - SHRacerX - 01-22-2020, 10:30 AM