Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auden Tate is Much Better Than Most People Think
(01-26-2020, 10:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There’s no reason to move on from Ross yet. He’s on the last year of his rookie contract, and he’s not holding anyone better back from getting the snaps. I want to see what a QB like Burrow who can drop passes right in a bucket and hit him in stride can do with him. If he still continues to struggle let him walk. If he lights it up with a QB better suited to his abilities use the 5th year option.

Still think we should draft at least one (maybe even two) WR’s though.

I'm not a Ross fan at all, but there's no reason to cut him loose yet given he's got one year left on his rookie deal. As far as Burrow hitting him in stride, Ross has to actually be at the right spot, which is one of the knocks on him. He's capable to nullifying an accurate throw by being out of position, turning the wrong way, quitting on a route, etc. We've seen all those things from him.

The team cannot wait to see what Ross does in the 2020 season before exercising the 5th option. The option has to be exercised before the draft. And with Ross' injury history and lack of overall production I do not think it wise for the team to guarantee him an $18M for the 2021 season.

But, yes, we need to spend some picks on the WR position.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auden Tate is Much Better Than Most People Think - BengalChris - 01-26-2020, 10:46 PM