Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duke Tobin on why the Bengals didn't trade veteran players
(01-28-2020, 03:33 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Exactly.

The part they messed up was the talent, if not replace Whit, but to grow into it at least.  The same with Zeitler.

They massively whiffed on all of those drafted and like you said those directly responsible are no longer with the team.

I have to believe that Alexander left a massive mess here by his lack of judgment.

If there's one thing positive that I can say about the front office is I don't blame them for not overpaying Zeitler,  and Whitworth is an anomaly if you say otherwise... you're a damn liar.

After the whole debacle though...  I've come to the conclusion that if a lineman going forward is worth a damn they should overpay and squeeze every last drop of talent out of them.

They're not very good at drafting lately and they'll have to severely overpay in external Free Agency.

That is even if the FA wants to come here.

Zeitler was severely overpaid by the Stains, said it then. I still wanted Whit back for like a 2 to 3 year deal. But it is true Whit is an 
anomaly, rare for an OT to play this long and this well. Still thought we should of paid him the same the Rams did back then and 
still think so now. The FO just screwed the pooch drafting Og and got unlucky with Fisher's health problem.

The FO will have to pay for an O-lineman in FA if they want to ensure Burrow playing decent in his rookie year no question and 
even then it would be up in the air with how said Lineman plays.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Duke Tobin on why the Bengals didn't trade veteran players - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-28-2020, 03:55 PM