Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Palmer training Burrow and more
(02-01-2020, 08:17 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: So what happens to our pick does it just disappear into thin air or do we get to pick first again the next year?

From what I understand, yes. You lose out on a pick. You have the the right to trade that player before the next year along with his unsigned contract, but not many teams will want to bite on that if the player is really that hard to deal with. Depends on the player obviously and their value/where they were picked. Burrow will not be an issue.

I attempted to do some research on this scenario and I came up short. I'm only assuming that we're just SOL on our pick unless we can trade the player the next year/trade deadline.

Edit: It looks like in the MLB, if you don't sign a first or second round pick, you will be able to pick in the same slot again plus one the following year. If they magically fail to sign the player with that compensated pick, there will not be a compensated pick the following year. I'm sure the NFL is different. Or maybe it is similar. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jordan Palmer training Burrow and more - Bengalpool - 02-01-2020, 08:36 AM