Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Palmer training Burrow and more
(02-02-2020, 12:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I just wonder why they don’t seem to bash Detroit and Cleveland as much? Maybe they do, but it does seem like they go out of their way to pick on us lately.

I don’t remember any “they’ll ruin Mayfield” talk when Cleveland took him. And that’s much more likely than us ruining Burrow...

I'm a unapologetic Mike Brown basher, ride or die.  In fact, I wish they would recieve more acrimony from the fanbase.  It seems more like apathy at this point.  That said, I think one reason for the Bengals getting bashed more than other bad ownership groups is the city they play in and the dwindling number of fans they retain.

Cincy isn't as tiny as some think it is in terms of media markets, but it's small enough that nobody really cares about what goes on here most of the time.  It makes for a convenient whipping boy for national media.  Detroit and Cleveland are bigger towns with bigger, more established fanbases.  At the end of the day, the league and media would probably rather see this town not have a pro football team.  The fanbase isn't big enough to rile up, and no casual fan really takes notice of what happens here.  Tie that in with the Addams Family running the team, and you can beat them like a mad dog with mange on Michael Vick's ranch until you're heart's content.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jordan Palmer training Burrow and more - samhain - 02-02-2020, 03:08 PM