Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Palmer training Burrow and more
(02-02-2020, 05:21 PM)Big Boss Wrote: People keep bringing up Luck retiring because of all the injuries he sustained behind shitty offensive lines.

Remind me, how many serious injuries did Andy Dalton suffer as a direct result of poor offensive line play?

Andy Dalton had the 1st-3rd fastest release time in the NFL for most of his career.

- - - - -
He also didn't have a terrible offensive line for the first half-decade of his career. 

2011: Whitworth-Livings-Cook-Williams/Bolling-A Smith
2012: Whitworth-Boling-Faine/Robinson-Zeitler-A Smith
2013: Whitworth-Boling-Cook-Zeitler-A Smith
2014: Whitworth-Boling-Bodine-Zeitler-A Smith/Newhouse
2015: Whitworth-Boling-Bodine-Zeitler-A Smith

It was only once you started throwing in Ogbuehi/Fisher/Redmond/Hart/Miller/Price/Jerry that the OL became shaky. Right now we're looking at an OL of...

Williams/Miller/Hopkins/Jordan/Hart

...and I doubt that will change much seeing as how they just drafted Williams and Jordan, just signed Hopkins to a 3 year extension in Dec, and signed both Hart and Miller to 3 year deals last offseason. That is objectively a far worse OL than anything Dalton had when the Bengals were actually winning football games, and once again I don't think Burrow will have that 1st-3rd fastest release time that Dalton had working for him. Think more Ryan Finley being sacked 11 times in 3 games. That's 59 sacks in a 16 game season. Burrow has never had guys coming at him as fast as they will, and he's probably never played behind a worse OL than he will with the Bengals. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jordan Palmer training Burrow and more - TheLeonardLeap - 02-02-2020, 06:06 PM