Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Palmer training Burrow and more
(02-02-2020, 06:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Burrow knows a little something about being pressured, as he was pressured more than all but one SEC QB this year. Although people keep claiming that LSU had an unbelievable line and Burrow had all kinds of time, it simply isn't true. He was pressured and forced to go off script quite a bit...and his stats were unreal when doing so. 

Not only that, but when you look at his numbers versus zone and man, or being blitzed versus no blitz, etc. there's virtually no difference. It didn't matter the defense, the scheme, clean pocket, under pressure...it simply didn't matter. He adapted, adjusted and continued to dominate in every situation and circumstance.

Given all that, combined with his knowledge of the game, ability to read defenses and being able to create something out of nothing...I don't think he'll have the issues behind this line (whatever shape it takes) as some think. I actually think he could potentially make a line look better than it actually is.

Great post Holic. I see the same thing with Burrow and these are facts. Joe

(02-03-2020, 12:17 AM)jason Wrote: Yeah... I remember them having bad field position, and quite frankly nerves may have been an issue early on. I texted my buddy, who's an OU alum, and was driving the Joe Burrow to the Bengals bus as early as you were. I told him Burrow is throwing some ugly balls. His response... Your balls are ugly.

But yeah; he settled in nicely, and brought it against a defense full of NFL caliber players. I just watched a game where a mediocre QB couldn't get it done in crunch time. We can only hope we're a couple of years away from from our guy getting the job done.

LMAO
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jordan Palmer training Burrow and more - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-03-2020, 03:27 PM