Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crockpot Pork Loin Back Ribs
(02-05-2020, 11:10 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I can't for the life of me find it; I'm pretty sure it was on my old phone (that I lost while on Honeymoon in Italy), hence why I can't find it and haven't made it since then lol.

This one though is the closest I could find (spent the last 30 minutes online trying to find a similar recipe):

https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/maryland-crab-cakes-0

I don't use milk or egg whites, I use Sour Cream (about 1-2 tablespoons per pound of crabmeat, depending on how much is absorbed after mixing for a bit, as sometimes the crab meat is more watery than not and the breadcrumbs) and tone down the amount of breadcrumbs (I use regular{plain} and panko, sometimes no panko). Otherwise, this is pretty close (I put in a bit more green onion and parsley; their flavor combined with the crabmeat is on point).

Don't know it's the sour cream, but I've made them 5 times and they've never been dry. My wife has been bugging me for literally almost a year now to make them again lol, so I think I will sometime soon Wink

When I make them next, I'll snap a pic and share how they turned out! :)

Thanks, I'll give that recipe a try next time.   I noticed a difference between the recipe you linked and the one I used is that I didn't add green onion or lemon juice.  So maybe that would improve the flavor.   Also the recipe I used called for mayonnaise instead of 2% milk.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crockpot Pork Loin Back Ribs - Benton - 02-04-2020, 10:21 AM
RE: Crockpot Pork Loin Back Ribs - George Cantstandya - 02-05-2020, 03:06 PM