Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I don’t get the burrow or Bust thing?
(02-04-2020, 02:22 PM)Whatever Wrote: The statistics correlating QB draft position to SB wins are going to off simply due to the fact that a 6th round pick has won 6 of the last 20.

If you look at guys who won multiple SB's in the last 20 years, 3 of them went in the 1st round with 2 of them going #1OA.

You can also look at the Top 5 QB's who made the SB in the last 20 years...

Steve McNair
Kerry Collins
Donovan McNabb
Peyton Manning
Eli Manning
Cam Newton
Matt Ryan
Jared Goff

I know, but I intentionally only said WIN the Super Bowl, not make, because the ultimate goal is to win it not just make it.
As you said, there have been a few QBs drafted in Top 5 in past two decades who have made it to the Super Bowl but not won it (Ryan, Newton, Goff).

My point still stands that most of the QBs going in the Top 5 are going to worse teams than the ones being drafted in the teens, and as such will have a more difficult time reaching the ultimate pinnacle.

The point this directly to the Bengals, they could draft Burrow and end up in the same spot in 3-5 years as they would if they stuck with Dalton, traded back to get more picks, and built around him (or trade up at some point for a QB). There are pros and cons to both approaches, but both relying on the Bengals to improve as an organization both when it comes to acquiring talent and coaching that talent.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I don’t get the burrow or Bust thing? - ochocincos - 02-04-2020, 02:48 PM