Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I don’t get the burrow or Bust thing?
(02-04-2020, 02:59 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: The Super Bowl should have proven to you the value of an elite QB. If the teams had equal caliber QBs, the 9ers would have blown the Cheifs out. They were the better team on both sides of the line. Mahomes willed his team to a win with 6 min. left, down 10 points. Brady proves it all the time. The comeback against the Falcons? Brady, again--wills his team to a win. He makes the players around him better. He gives his defense the confidence to get a stop.

Yes, there are plenty of other holes to fill. But our best chance of a turn-around is to get a legit QB and leader. Nothing against Dalton, he's been very good. But he isn't elite. When you pick number one overall you need to pick an elite QB, if he's not there, pick an elite pass rusher. If he's not there, pick an elite Left Tackle. Why pass on Burrow when an elite QB prospect only comes around every 5 years? What are the chances of us being in a position to draft an elite prospect like Burrow again? Not good. Most 1st round QBs have some kind of knock on them. Not so much with Burrow. 99% of analysts view him as a sure thing. The 1% that don't are fans like you. Nothing personal. And yeah, maybe he brakes his leg in multiple places and never plays again. Maybe it doesn't work out. But you could say the same thing about any other draft prospect. Pick the best player available. Pick Burrow. Move on to the next round.

Another reason not to trade down: I don't trust our team to draft well with mid 1st round picks. You've all seen the way the last several drafts have gone.

I get what you're saying but that Falcons/Pats Super Bowl was an epic example of poor coaching vs good coaching.

Just terrible decisions made in that game to affect the outcome.

Not discrediting Brady's obvious talent but there were some crucial playoff games and Superbowls that were off the foot of Vinatieri.

So yes elite QBs certainly don't hurt but there are a lot of other factors that people like to forget because of him being labeled the GOAT.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I don’t get the burrow or Bust thing? - BengalsRocker - 02-04-2020, 03:36 PM