Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Oline - where is it really ?
My thoughts:

- Fred Johnson proved he's worth keeping as a depth OT.

- If Cordy Glenn does indeed stay, he deserves to start on this OL given he was the best OL on the team last year.

- Hart and Miller started because there was no one better on the team to start in their places (for most of the year), but they really should be moved to the bench in an ideal world.

- Neither Price nor Jordan proved they deserve to start. Both were bad in 2019 and should be relegated to the bench for 2020. It would help both of them tremendously to get a year to develop without being pushed into a starting role.

- Given we haven't seen Jonah Williams play in the NFL yet, we can only go off what he did at Alabama, and that was dominate. I still believe he will become a stout starter at either OT position or LG.

- The best OL without any new additions, I believe, is a combo of Williams, Glenn, Hopkins, Miller, and a toss-up between Fred Johnson and Hart. They still would be in the bottom half of the league, but I don't think it'd be worst in the league.

- Please stick to the directional blocking that had success under Pollack in 2018 and in the second half of last year with Turner.

- It would really help the Bengals to add one OT and OG in the offseason, especially if Glenn is cut to free up nearly $10 mill in cap.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Oline - where is it really ? - 'E' - 02-05-2020, 01:09 PM
RE: The Oline - where is it really ? - 'E' - 02-05-2020, 02:42 PM
RE: The Oline - where is it really ? - ochocincos - 02-05-2020, 11:41 AM