Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Oline - where is it really ?
Some other reasons the Offensive Line PFF scores were low.

1. PFF grades Run blocking very harshly a 59 is considered above average. Early in the year the Bengals offensive line struggled with the outside zone stretch which they received very low scores. After the scheme switched the scores went up but not high enough to effect their yearly average very much.

2. The Bengals had 10 or 11 different Offensive line combinations including 4 different left tackles on the season. Offensive line is one position played by 5 people there was never any chemistry built up.

3. The Wide Receivers had trouble winning which caused the ball to be held longer than it should...Its a marriage between the skill positions and the line.

4. The Quarterback struggled with his pocket awareness jumping at ghosts and walking into defenders.

The line needs work but there were some positives. Trey Hopkins showed he can be a good center in the NFL. Michael Jordan showed progression as the season went on with an offseason dedicated to his craft and not pre draft workouts I'm excited to see how he develops. Bengals using a 1st round pick on a Left Tackle in Jonah Williams I would have loved to see him play but like Jordan the offseason could be a great thing for him.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Oline - where is it really ? - 'E' - 02-05-2020, 01:09 PM
RE: The Oline - where is it really ? - 'E' - 02-05-2020, 02:42 PM
RE: The Oline - where is it really ? - Synric - 02-05-2020, 11:18 PM