Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 February Draft Challenge
(02-21-2020, 02:01 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I just did another TDN mock and Andrew Thomas was there in round 2.    Shocked

this is happening because the more evaluation that happens people are picking apart his tape and other players are gaining traction.  It's clear that Wills is the #1 Tackle in this draft at this point.  I've even seen a lot of people saying Thomas should be a guard at the next level, but I think that's taking it a little to far. His main concern is in the passing game because he is much better blocking moving forward than back because of his balance. 

You will see this every year if you follow the draft because of a lot of teams aren't exposed to all of these players until the offseason that's when physical traits will predict a ceiling for players.  Becton, for example, is a player who has terrible tape because he's not really an offensive lineman at this point, but because he one great skill right now and is a freakshow with his physical traits he will skyrocket up boards.  

Thomas will be a fantastic player at the next level IMO in the right system, but he's definitely not a generational tackle whereas a guy like Wills could be one of the best right tackles in the NFL.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 February Draft Challenge - Jpoore - 02-07-2020, 06:36 AM
RE: 2020 February Draft Challenge - Okeana - 02-21-2020, 03:32 PM
RE: 2020 February Draft Challenge - Okeana - 02-21-2020, 03:19 PM