Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Listening to Trade Offers from Five Teams
(02-10-2020, 02:32 PM)E Wrote: I have this funny feeling that if they can figure out how to trade this pick and end up with Herbert that they will pull the trigger. Hopefully they get scared off worrying that another team would jump in front of them for Herbert if they do this. This team so adores familiarity, and now that they've had Herbert at the Senior Bowl, they "know" him.

**Edit** I would like to add a preemptive "Shut your damn mouth" for anyone who might've said that maybe the Bengals just choose Herbert at #1 over Burrow **/Edit**

The Bengals have familiarity with Burrow as well

https://www.bengals.com/team/coaches-roster/brad-kragthorpe

(02-11-2020, 08:40 AM)Takedown Wrote: I want to clarify a little on the Chicago bit. Other than picks 43 and 50 in the second round, Chicago doesn't have any pick worth offering for Dalton unless you think MB will accept a fourth round pick at 144. Which I don't believe will be enough. I'm speaking from a MB perspective. Minimum is going to be a 3rd most likely. With that being said, maybe the Bears get desperate and offer us 50 for Dalton. Who knows. Or if you really want to be creative in this trade scenario, pick 33 and Dalton for picks 43 and 50. I would strongly consider it.

And I don't believe Chicago is calling for #1. I just don't. They would be laughed at and hung up on with little to no draft capital this year for pick #1. There may be similar intentions with Tampa as well looking at Dalton, but at least they have a first round pick to offer this year if they are calling for #1.

Good post. I tend to agree that some of these calls will be fishing expeditions and whilst the initial inquiry may be about the first overall teams are really calling about the Bengals' willingness to trade other spots/players.

As for whether Chicago have enough trade capital for Dalton - I'm sure a deal could be worked out. I think something like Dalton and the 104th pick for Chicago's 50, 144 and 200th might work. We should remember that besides 2020 picks they could also offer players and future picks and it could be any combination of these.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Listening to Trade Offers from Five Teams - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 02-11-2020, 09:52 AM