Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vegas
I once hitch hiked to Vegas many moons ago with about 12 cents in my pocket. I was 19 at the time, not old enough to legally gamble, but I dropped my last nickle in a nickle slot machine and won $40 in nickles. At 19 and broke i thought that was IT! I was never gonna leave Vegas and be a REAL gambler..
However...Fate had a different idea. I dropped most of it back into the machines and walked out with a little over 5 bucks. A bit later I was sitting outside of some burger joint about to eat for the first time all day when 2 large dogs, some hound and a doberman appeared in front of me looking a bit more than just hungry. So I gave them my burger and they followed me around town all day. I finally decided to leave town and was fully prepared to hitch hike with those two dogs with me. I finally got someone to stop to give us a ride when the dogs owner yelled from the fence along the access road..."Hey you! Thanks for taking care of my dogs!" The lady handed me a $50 bill for my trouble and I left town richer than when I arrived..That actually happened and was the absolute last thing I expected at the time.. There's a lot more to the story, but in the interest of Readers Digesterism I'll leave it at that.. ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
vegas - Goalpost - 02-14-2020, 11:33 AM
RE: vegas - grampahol - 02-26-2020, 12:15 PM
RE: vegas - WeezyBengal - 02-26-2020, 01:14 PM
RE: vegas - Goalpost - 02-26-2020, 02:35 PM
RE: vegas - grampahol - 02-28-2020, 12:01 AM