Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me'
(02-17-2020, 05:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: From interview today with the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
(Video) https://www.star-telegram.com/latest-news/article240368516.html

“Look, this is a long process, right?” Burrow said. “They have their process that they have to go through, and so I am blessed to be in the position I’m in. If they select me, I’m going to do everything in my power to be the best football player I can be.”

“It’s a long process in the next couple of months,” Burrow said. “We have the combine. We have pro days. There is a long time until the draft. There is a lot of information in a lot of different places. A lot of people saying a lot of things. I’m just focused on training right now.”

He finally said the right thing. 

Prior to this, his statement of wanting to play for a winner a SB bound team showed me that he didn't want to be picked by the Bengals or another team that was picking at the top of the draft. I'm not stating that the Bengals can't be a winner but given their two seasons they definitely don't look like one. I'm not expecting the Bengals to be in the playoff in 2020. 2021, well hopefully they will make the playoffs, get their first playoff win in years, and maybe even make the AFC championship game. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow on being picked by the Bengals - MEBengalsFan - 02-17-2020, 06:18 PM