Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me'
(02-18-2020, 12:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If you can dig up even a fraction of the amount of bs being thrown at us right now from other years where #1 picks were going to bad franchises I might agree with you.

My argument to that is that most #1 picks go to teams that have changed their HC or GM or both so there is an illusion of hope.  The Browns were picking at #1 and had fired their GM and HC and their GM at the time was the guy who picked Mahommes so I can see why they'd have some sort of hope to sell people.

This is Mike Brown making his what...15th or so top 5 pick in his tenure as our GM so it's not about win or lose so much as the Bengals being stagnant.  To me that is what makes the Bengals a punching bag.  Mike Brown is going to keep doing things his way and here he is taking yet another #1 overall Heisman winning "can't miss" QB and this time it's gonna work.

Sure, it may work and I hope it does but come on, how many of these other awful franchises have stuck with the same losing GM for 30 years?  That's a big difference because change is interesting and change makes headlines even if it doesn't lead to wins.

(02-18-2020, 12:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And that is called being objective...

That's called "what you want to hear" is the way I see it.  The Mike Brown method hasn't yielded a playoff win in almost 30 years and each year we watch less talented rosters win in the playoffs and wonder why we can't get a QB like Rex Grosssman or Blake Bortles to come here and be the "winner" we need.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me' - Nately120 - 02-18-2020, 12:47 PM