Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me'
(02-18-2020, 12:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: My argument to that is that most #1 picks go to teams that have changed their HC or GM or both so there is an illusion of hope.  The Browns were picking at #1 and had fired their GM and HC and their GM at the time was the guy who picked Mahommes so I can see why they'd have some sort of hope to sell people.

This is Mike Brown making his what...15th or so top 5 pick in his tenure as our GM so it's not about win or lose so much as the Bengals being stagnant.  To me that is what makes the Bengals a punching bag.  Mike Brown is going to keep doing things his way and here he is taking yet another #1 overall Heisman winning "can't miss" QB and this time it's gonna work.

Sure, it may work and I hope it does but come on, how many of these other awful franchises have stuck with the same losing GM for 30 years?  That's a big difference because change is interesting and change makes headlines even if it doesn't lead to wins.

That's called "what you want to hear" is the way I see it.  The Mike Brown method hasn't yielded a playoff win in almost 30 years and each year we watch less talented rosters win in the playoffs and wonder why we can't get a QB like Rex Grosssman or Blake Bortles to come here and be the "winner" we need.

Dog the Rex Grossman’s, Bortles, Tebow’s all you want, but those guys all stepped up and played well enough in the playoffs to win. Makes a huge difference when an average QB can do that. Just ask Nick Foles or Joe Flacco.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me' - Nicomo Cosca - 02-18-2020, 01:09 PM