Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me'
(02-18-2020, 02:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You can't be serious.  Burrow doesn't give a shit about the media.  I sure he was roasted pretty well by the media when he bailed on Ohio State

Obviously Burrow would rather go to the Patriots than the Bengals, but what difference does it make.  He knows how it works.  The worst team gets the best player.  Every year the best player would have probably rather gone to a different team, but it doesn't matter.  The Bengals are not near bad enough to force Burrow to threaten to sit out a year.

We will draft him, and he will play here.  And he will do his best to be the best player possible.  Doesn't matter what the media says.

People need to realize that very few NFL players get drafted by the team they would most like to play for. Honestly, I think his first choice would be the Saints.  Drew Brees is his idol, he's a folk hero in Louisiana, and who wouldn't want to be a multi-millionaire sports hero in their 20's in a party city like New Orleans?

People also need to realize he didn't play college ball at his first choice, either.  I'm sure he thought it was a lock that he was going to play for Nebraska, but they didn't even recruit him. Then he got passed over at OSU and wound up at LSU.  

At the end of the day, actions speak louder than words. Would he be training with ex Bengals and rolling around Mason with real estate agents if he didn't want to come here?  Those aren't the actions of a guy who's going to pull an Eli.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me' - Whatever - 02-18-2020, 03:11 PM