Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me'
(02-17-2020, 06:18 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: He finally said the right thing. 

Prior to this, his statement of wanting to play for a winner a SB bound team showed me that he didn't want to be picked by the Bengals or another team that was picking at the top of the draft. I'm not stating that the Bengals can't be a winner but given their two seasons they definitely don't look like one. I'm not expecting the Bengals to be in the playoff in 2020. 2021, well hopefully they will make the playoffs, get their first playoff win in years, and maybe even make the AFC championship game. 
Super Bowl bound teams picks are the last ten picks in the first round he does not want to be picked then. If he wants to be picked number one overall he will not be going to a Super Bowl contender. Could he make a number one overall pick team good enough to make the playoffs and have a shot at a Super Bowl run yes if all the stars line up. You can not have your cake and eat it too. Either you want to be picked first overall or he wants to play for a team that was in the playoffs last year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me' - BengalsBong - 02-18-2020, 05:01 PM