Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me'
(02-18-2020, 06:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: At this point last year Murray was not saying anything about Klingsbury or the Cards because they were still saying Rosen was their man and they were not drafting a QB..

I stand by my comments that this early in the process none of the potential #1 picks were ever gushing over going to the team with the #1 pick.  It is just too early.

That makes sense, and speaking of Rosen he was saying he was hesitant of declaring if the Browns had the top pick and then Darnold and Mayfield made much more Browns-friendly statements when asked.  The Cardinals taking Murray wasn't nearly a slam-dunk as Burrow to the Bengals is now, so I can see why people would wonder why Burrow doesn't just say "I'm pumped to be a Bengal" but I can also see why he's able to not gush but still be amenable to being selected by the Bengals.  If Mike Brown was saying Dalton is their man and he's their QB going forward I would expect people to be less on Burrow's arse about not being Mr. Bengal already.

Lord knows the Mike Brown Bengals have earned the skepticism they get from the media, so I can see why they're all over this situation and the less exemplary an organization is the less "evidence" they need that a top pick is unhappy to be on their radar.  I can't imagine if Burrow said he was excited to be a Bengal and the Bengals traded down or did something super unlikely that led to Burrow being on another team said other team and their fans wouldn't care and realize he was just providing lip service.  

Then again, if Burrow said "I wanna be a Bengal!" the media could just spin it that he was providing lip service and saying what he figured people wanted to hear and still was freaking out about being taken by the Bengals.  With that being said, he's not really doing much to dispel the notion that he's clenching his arse knowing he's in the sites of a GM who drafted within the top ten of fourteen times as a GM and took three QBs at 6, 3, and 1 overall during that span.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me' - Nately120 - 02-18-2020, 06:59 PM