Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me'
(02-18-2020, 07:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If Burrow says "I'd LOVE to play for the Bengals!" and he ends up on another team their fanbase is going to explode with glee because they will say they just snagged a top talent QB who was happy to play for the "crappy Bengals" and will therefore super love playing for their team (which is super awesome, because it's their team) and also Burrow will be super pissed off the idiot Bengals passed on him and he will play even harder to shove that Lombardi up Mike Brown's wrinkly ol' arse!"

I just can't see a scenario where people hold Burrow expressing enthusiasm about the Bengals against him, especially if he says he wants to be here and the Bengals blow it against all odds and all logic.

I doubt fan bases would hold it against him, and probably not front offices either. I’m sure he’d hear about it though.

Not to mention he has 32 job interviews coming up next week. Do you really want to have to answer the question, “so I see you said you want to play for the Bengals. Why do you want to play there instead of here” questions at every single one?

If he is still super cagey on all of this after the combine I’ll understand people looking into it a lot more. If the Bengals come right out and say, “we’re taking Burrow” and he is still super cagey about stuff I’ll understand that too. Like I said earlier though he really only has things to lose in this whole situation. We as fans could gain a lot if he were to say it, but he really doesn’t gain anything.

Who knows, maybe there is some dirt somewhere, and in his mind it’s better to have news outlets focused on the will be pull an Eli narrative as opposed to digging for something more harmful to his draft stock. The way the media works nowadays it’s hard to tell where the strings might be getting pulled from.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me' - BengalsFan1986 - 02-18-2020, 07:40 PM