Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andrew Whitworth open to returning to Cincy if it doesn't work out with the Rams
(02-22-2020, 10:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Williams should still start at LT, but what if he struggles....just ride it out like last year?  No, he could possibly move inside and Whit to LT and help the guy.  He can also mentor the rest of the young guys on the line.  

My vision would be that Whit start at LG and WIlliams at LT, but at least they have some flexibility there.  Whit makes a lot of sense for a rebuilding team as a guy like Jordan doesn't have to get forced in but can be developed over time.  

The leadership component would also be huge for such a young team.  

I still don’t agree but it’s all good people have different opinions which I respect. Whit always had the traits of a good tackle and only played guard first because the Bengals had two stud tackles in Willie Anderson and Levi Jones. Your playing inside a phone booth at guard or pulling. At LT your on an island versus the other teams best edge rushers the only way you get experience or are able to evaluate is by Williams playing LT. Fans will jump on Williams early if he struggles but I think we need to be patient. We all have lineman PTSD from Ogbuehi, Fisher and Price lol. Jordan is going into year 2 of a 4 year contract rather see if he can play now or sign a young veteran guard like Glasgow to compete with him and Miller. For a rebuilding team we have enough aging vets/ vets with Dunlap, Atkins, Kirkpatrick, Shawn Williams and a guy like Green probably getting tagged. I rather spend money on young talented free agents.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andrew Whitworth open to returning to Cincy if it doesn't work out with the Rams - lone bengal - 02-22-2020, 12:37 PM