Poll: What would you prefer to do?
Extend AJ Green beyond the Franchise Tag now.
Let AJ Green play with the Franchise Tag
Trade AJ Green for a draft pick, no earlier than #20 overall and no lower than #25 overall (just thinking about the average point value, not the teams picking there)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you want to do with AJ Green?
(03-21-2020, 11:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am curious what the majority of the board will choose here.   With Amari Cooper just getting $20 million per year on his new contract, I am assuming Green will want something close to that...$18 million per at a minimum.  I don't know the guaranteed dollars, and I'm sure that would be a sticking point....AJ will obviously want it, and the Bengals would prefer incentives.  Burrow openly campaigned for Green, so there's also that.  

What I want to do is keep him cause Burrow wants us to keep him. But it has to take into account his injuries and his age.

Cooper doesn't have these problems going for him.

I don't see us getting a 1st round or even 2nd round pick for AJ especially this year with no workouts.

No one knows as much about him as our staff does.

If he is 100%, sign him to a 3 year deal that takes into account all of this. Would be better for all IMO.

Then Draft his replacement since Ross hasn't panned out yet and Boyd is not a true #1 outside Receiver.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you want to do with AJ Green? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-21-2020, 02:52 PM