Poll: What would you prefer to do?
Extend AJ Green beyond the Franchise Tag now.
Let AJ Green play with the Franchise Tag
Trade AJ Green for a draft pick, no earlier than #20 overall and no lower than #25 overall (just thinking about the average point value, not the teams picking there)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you want to do with AJ Green?
(03-21-2020, 02:50 PM)Whatever Wrote: But AJ has missed more games than Ross the past couple of years.  Dude was just out an entire season with an ankle sprain.  I don't think ponying up huge money for an injury prone WR is a good plan to deal with another injury prone WR.

It is a risk.  But I also consider Green loyal and if he can play his franchise tag injury free, it will help all involved.  The ankle injury was a freak accident in my mind.  Green feels he has 4 or 5 years left in him; but even if it is a 3 year deal, Green would help Burrow and Burrow could help Green with ball placement.  I go back and forth on this Green extension dialogue.  Maybe Green will play out this year, and Bengals can draft two studly WR next year.  Maybe that is best direction.  

I think if Mims is there at #33, they take him.  He reminds me of Green, Higgins does too but Higgins cannot handle physical CB.  When I watched the OSU Clemson game, Higgins was handled.  As deep as the WR class appears this year, I think the Bengals are looking for a specific type of WR.  I don't know outside of Mims if there is one that will be available at #33.  I do see them selecting Aiyuk in round 3 to replace Ross.  But then it comes down to Aiyuk or a much higher need in linebacker or getting one of those stud safeties in Dugger or Chinn in round 3.  Bengals need another draft pick in round 3-4.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you want to do with AJ Green? - psychdoctor - 03-21-2020, 10:44 PM