Poll: What would you prefer to do?
Extend AJ Green beyond the Franchise Tag now.
Let AJ Green play with the Franchise Tag
Trade AJ Green for a draft pick, no earlier than #20 overall and no lower than #25 overall (just thinking about the average point value, not the teams picking there)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you want to do with AJ Green?
(03-21-2020, 11:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am curious what the majority of the board will choose here.   With Amari Cooper just getting $20 million per year on his new contract, I am assuming Green will want something close to that...$18 million per at a minimum.  I don't know the guaranteed dollars, and I'm sure that would be a sticking point....AJ will obviously want it, and the Bengals would prefer incentives.  Burrow openly campaigned for Green, so there's also that.  

The Bengals did use the Franchise Tag, so they want him.  I suppose much depends on things opening back up in USA.  No football season, No money.  I'm sure they would like to sit down with his agent and work out a deal.  Odds are they sat down with his agent before last season and no deal.  As Dave Lapham mentioned, he was out running and warming up great before games for a guy who never played.  Some of you said why should he risk injury, and you wanted #1 pick anyway.  OK, but if there is a season his sideline days end. 

The Bengals by Franchise Tag want him.  There are many factors before his agent and Bengals agree to longer contract.  Longer contract would be what most players want.  Most players hate the one year Franchise Tag.  What good is it if Green wants out all season.  Of course a longer contract would be best.  I feel his agent and Bengals don't see eye to eye the last year or two on a contract.  

If they don't reach a deal before season starts, Mike Brown almost never talks contracts during season like his dad Paul Brown.  The idea that once season starts, you focus on games, not contracts. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you want to do with AJ Green? - kevin - 03-22-2020, 07:33 AM