Poll: What would you prefer to do?
Extend AJ Green beyond the Franchise Tag now.
Let AJ Green play with the Franchise Tag
Trade AJ Green for a draft pick, no earlier than #20 overall and no lower than #25 overall (just thinking about the average point value, not the teams picking there)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you want to do with AJ Green?
(03-21-2020, 11:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am curious what the majority of the board will choose here.   With Amari Cooper just getting $20 million per year on his new contract, I am assuming Green will want something close to that...$18 million per at a minimum.  I don't know the guaranteed dollars, and I'm sure that would be a sticking point....AJ will obviously want it, and the Bengals would prefer incentives.  Burrow openly campaigned for Green, so there's also that.  

AJ is a really hard one for me. For Dalton I'd take a 4th or 5th round pick if I could get it. For AJ it's different. When he's healthy he's one of the best WRs in the game and he makes a huge difference in the team's chances of winning games when he's on the field.

I'd take the 20-25 range 1st pick except nobody is going to offer that. If they did, I'd take it in a heart beat, then trade up in the 1st round and to take CeeDee Lamb as AJ's replacement.

The one year franchise tag contract of $18M is too pricey, but given that it's either that or nothing I'll stomach the $18M and hope that AJ does well this season.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you want to do with AJ Green? - BengalChris - 03-22-2020, 07:12 PM