Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was wrong and can admit it.
I'm with the OP; this free agent frenzy came completely out of left field and knocked my senses silly.  I'm still processing it, to tell the truth, and there's a real sense of excitement -- not to mention a sense of relief -- that the Bengals are finally being proactive like the other 31 teams in the NFL.  As I've stated in other threads, this kind of activity takes a lot of pressure off Cincinnati with respect to the upcoming draft.

What I was expecting did not materialize.  Until free agency began I had this overwhelming sense of dread because I expected little or no activity in free agency followed by drafting Joe Burrow #1OA -- and then nothing. Forgive me for my lowered expectations but I fully expected the Bengals to draft Burrow and proclaim everything was coming up roses.  "See?  We drafted Joe Burrow!  He's a generational franchise quarterback who will 'elevate' everyone's game around him simply by showing up.  He's our 'bell cow quarterback' and we're off to the Super Bowl!"

Joe Burrow may well prove to be a great player.  However, with this new roster the Bengals do not have to rely on Joe to lift everyone to a new level.  Joe can worry about Joe -- and that's how it should be.  No matter how talented, any rookie quarterback in the NFL has his hands full from the get-go:  A new playbook, a faster game, and new coaches.  After seeing the Bengals bring in some serious talent across the roster, drafting Joe Burrow becomes a luxury, not a necessity. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I was wrong and can admit it. - Sled21 - 03-26-2020, 11:33 AM
RE: I was wrong and can admit it. - RASCAL - 03-29-2020, 10:58 PM
RE: I was wrong and can admit it. - t3r3e3 - 03-31-2020, 02:29 AM
RE: I was wrong and can admit it. - Fan_in_Kettering - 03-26-2020, 10:10 AM
RE: I was wrong and can admit it. - jason - 03-26-2020, 10:24 AM
RE: I was wrong and can admit it. - WhoDey - 03-26-2020, 12:18 PM
RE: I was wrong and can admit it. - McC - 03-26-2020, 01:41 PM
RE: I was wrong and can admit it. - jason - 03-26-2020, 03:35 PM