Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was wrong and can admit it.
(03-26-2020, 03:12 PM)grampahol Wrote: I've never eaten crow, but I did once eat sea gull. That was back in the late 70s when the area around Long Beach Californ-I-Aye was in shambles. A guy I knew caught and cooked them in Cherry Park. I can now say just how terrible sea gull actually tastes.. Just close your eyes and imagine raw chicken left in a plastic bag in the hot sun in your backyard for a week or so. Now if that doesn't make your mouth water in anticipation of the finest meal you've ever had nothing will.
It's a rather gamey tasting bird, but there is plenty of meat on most sea gulls and it is edible. I'm not sure it's legal, but if your choice is starvation or eating sea gull most people would opt for sea gull.
Lately I've been thinking about geese. There's a bunch of them around the lake here and they make enough noise at the wrong time of the day and night, not to mention goose shit all over everyone's lawns I have a hunch most people around here wouldn't mind if the goose population were thinned out a bit.
So..instead of eating crow how about eating either gull or geese? We also have a few cormorant on the lake. People who like to fish aren't too wild about cormorant since they dive under water and like to eat more fish than most birds.. Between cormorant and otters they can decimate fish populations in quick order.. A nice cormorant dinner anyone? It just doesn't sound right for some reason.. Mellow

I've eaten Canada Goose for Thanksgiving/Christmas, literally every year of my life, save for maybe 3 of them.

It is my favourite bird and far and away one of the best-tasting things I've ever eaten (the way my dad cooks it; of course, someone else's experience would be different).

I may start a thread in Klotsch with pics of the dishes; they are mouthwatering.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I was wrong and can admit it. - Sled21 - 03-26-2020, 11:33 AM
RE: I was wrong and can admit it. - RASCAL - 03-29-2020, 10:58 PM
RE: I was wrong and can admit it. - t3r3e3 - 03-31-2020, 02:29 AM
RE: I was wrong and can admit it. - jason - 03-26-2020, 10:24 AM
RE: I was wrong and can admit it. - WhoDey - 03-26-2020, 12:18 PM
RE: I was wrong and can admit it. - McC - 03-26-2020, 01:41 PM
RE: I was wrong and can admit it. - jason - 03-26-2020, 03:35 PM
RE: I was wrong and can admit it. - Truck_1_0_1_ - 03-26-2020, 03:53 PM