Poll: Would you trade Mixon for an early 2nd
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Would you trade Mixon for an early 2nd?
(04-16-2020, 10:31 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Get one more year out of him instead of taking a 2nd round. A second is nice, but I think Burrow needs an experienced backfield.

A 2nd is enough for me to part with one year of Mixon, more than just nice.  If things are messy, his value still dictates tagging him next year as the right move but you still have to calculate a holdout or drama.  You can't let him just walk and pass on a A.J. Empensa, Josh Jones, Xavier McKinney, Cesar Ruiz on top of whoever they land at 33.  I don't think we're valuing the overall talent of a high 2nd BPA, especially if it's just experience then trade a mid round pick for solid vet.  More likely in that scenario, worst case there will be a good RB in the 3rd (Dobbins?) or 4th (Moss?).

Only Cincy knows how bad the Mixon situation is, and I don't think anyone is giving up a high 2nd for any RB that may holdout without an extension, or next year if they utilize the tag.  More likely, this offer never comes and Mixon stays in stripes as they dare him to holdout.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you trade Mixon for an early 2nd? - phil413 - 04-16-2020, 11:52 PM