Poll: Would you trade Mixon for an early 2nd
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Would you trade Mixon for an early 2nd?
(04-17-2020, 10:52 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Then you are probably not going to get a RB near as good as Mixon.

It will be difficult to teplace his production even with a second rounder.  The claim that you can "find a RB anywhere in the draft" is a myth.  Over the last 10 years there have been 27 RBs taken in the second round any only 3 have rushed for more yarsd per game than Mixon.  So you have about a one in ten chance in the second round and the odds get worse later than that.

Fred, 

So you don't think that Clyde Hellaire in Round 2 or D Andre Swift, or JK Dobbins, or Jonathon Taylor or even a Cam Akers could replace the 1,000 yds that Mixon put up??? 

I think you're giving Mixon a bit too much credit. 1,000 yds a year for a RB is common. And, almost certainly, Hellaire and Swift are better route runners and catching the ball than Mixon is. 

Add in the fact that Burrow and Hellaire were best friends on the team, I'd get rid of Mixon in a heartbeat to appease my new Franchise QB for the next several years. 

Even though I love his toughness and leadership qualities, Mixon's shelf life is almost up as an NFL running back. He's already had a scoped knee. 

Give me an extra 2nd to bring in an extra Lineman or LB please...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you trade Mixon for an early 2nd? - JerseyDD09 - 04-18-2020, 01:06 AM