Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Dalton Trade Being Reported
(04-17-2020, 08:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It won't matter what they offer in picks, if they can't afford to take on Dalton's salary.  The Bengals have already spent the money elsewhere, pretty much.  Eating a significant portion of Dalton's salary doesn't really benefit the team much.

The last part of that I disagree with (assuming you mean it doesn't help the Bengals much). I just think it's a matter of how much money and what draft pick. Let's say we eat 4 million (Miami ate 5m of Tannehill's salary just to get  4th round pick). What veteran(s) can we get at this point for that? A veteran in decline, or a couple other pieces that nobody has tried very hard to sign at this point? But turn that into an early day 3 pick and we get a player on a rookie salary who we control for the next 4 years, with an opportunity to develop within our system. 

I'm not advocating it one way or another, just saying it's a complex situation based on many unknown variables. And lots of stars would have to line up the right way for a trade to happen. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible Dalton Trade Being Reported - Geno_Can_Dunk - 04-17-2020, 08:19 PM