Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Dalton Trade Being Reported
(04-17-2020, 08:13 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: I think you're partially right, partially not. Dalton's agent can't talk to Jax without our approval. So maybe we give him approval, but more likely we act as the go-between, negotiating between Dalton and Jax. If it's like the Tannehill trade - the details of which I linked a few posts above - then we kick in a chunck, Jax kicks in a chunk plus incentives, and they give us some compensation so that they don't have to negotiate against New England on the open market once he's released. 

But no, we don't have the cap room to keep him. Claims that we do originate from the Bengals as posturing to try to maintain leverage. 

If the Bengals don’t have the cap space to keep him, don’t plan on keeping him, and want to trade him, why wouldn’t they let his agent seek a trade and negotiate a new contract to facilitate the deal that benefits all parties involved?

Conversely, why would Andy Dalton and his agent allow the Bengals to negotiate his next contract with the Jags? A player’s soon to be former team negotiating his new contract with a new team? I’ve never heard of that being done before.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible Dalton Trade Being Reported - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 04-18-2020, 01:31 AM