Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Dalton Trade Being Reported
(04-17-2020, 06:45 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: See article below, on how the Dolphins ate $5m of Tannehill's salary in order to get draft pick compensation for him, and not even that much. Of course, they were awash in cap room at the time, but if we got good enough compensation for Dalton, we could do something similar (albeit maybe not $5m). Point being, how much we swallow and what we get for it in terms of draft capital is a balancing act. It all depends. The question basically boils down to this: minus Dalton's salary, would you rather acquire another lower-tier veteran, or spend that on draft capital? Not advocating either, just saying it's an open question. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001067003/article/how-titans-traded-for-ryan-tannehill-and-what-it-means

I think this makes a lot of sense for both teams.  If the Bengals ate $7 million of the salary for just one year, and got maybe a 4th round compensation out of it, the trade would seem to work for both parties financially.  Granted, the Jags might have to do something with Ngakue but Jax feels a lot like the Bengals of the 90s.  No one wants to play there and if the guy wants out of town, let him go and see what you can get for him.

Of course, I may be seeing this through Bengal glasses, but I really hope it works out.  Not just so we get another pick (would be VERY nice), but so Dalton could go play on a one-year prove it deal to give himself another shot at starting somewhere else.  I don't think Jax has much talent on their roster, but virtually every team in the NFL had a better line that what Dalton had been playing behind so who knows?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible Dalton Trade Being Reported - SHRacerX - 04-19-2020, 09:34 AM