Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Dalton Trade Being Reported
(04-22-2020, 12:55 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: So, NE has 3 picks in the 3rd, 2 picks in the 4th, and 4 picks in the 6th.

If they want Dalton to lead their team in 2020, they would easily be able to swap picks with the Bengals, they give them a 3rd, and the Bengals give them a 4th. So they can just swap spots. It's that simple. Or, NE could just want to give up a 4th or a 6th straight up. It should be no big deal for Bill to do this. 
But, the issue would seem to be the money. With Thuney being Franchised and trying to work out a long term deal, they can't add another 17 Mill contract plain and simple. I'd think if the Bengals called and said they would work with them on the money for this year, they could swing something. I'd think maybe half and half type situation. 

I'd still love a trade and trade with Dalton and Thuney. But, the Bengals would have to give more back in that scenerio. I'm still fine with that as well. 

Anything to strengthen the OL for Burrow!! 

Jonah   Thuney   Hopkins   Xavier   Hart/Johnson

That's looking a lot better. But, we'd still have some work to do on the right side IMO.....

There is no reason to eat any money.  Dalton was given permission to seek a trade, meaning that his rep could negotiate a new contract in the trade scenario.  IF the Pats wanted him all they would have to do is have a new contract at their rate in place when the trade is made and the Bengals and Pats accepting the trade contingent on that new deal.  I hear people saying we need to eat part of the contract because a 3rd round pick or so is worth the 5 million investment because it is a rookie contract player.  I think that approach is a little too analytical for this organization.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible Dalton Trade Being Reported - spazz70 - 04-22-2020, 01:13 PM