Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Dalton Trade Being Reported
(04-22-2020, 01:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When "re-working" a contract a player is not allowed to take less money.  All they can do is stretch it out over more years.  Some teams may be interested in Dalton just as a "bridge" QB for only one year or maybe two.

Just asking, where do you get this information?  I have never heard of such a thing.  I cannot see any scenario that Dalton's agent cannot go to NE and say hey "Andy is seeking a trade and is interested in being traded to you"  Bill, "Well, that 17 million next year is a bit steep"  Agent "Well, what were you thinking?"  Bill "How about 2 years, 15 million?"  Agent "OK, that sounds good (for Andy too), let me get with the Bengals and you can discuss the trade"  Or, the opposite could be done in that the Bengals could sign (extend) and trade him to NE based on NEs requirements for the trades.

I have never heard of a player being not allowed to take less money, unless he disagreed with the situation.  Andy would be quite dumb not to take a lot less and go to NE under agreed terms.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible Dalton Trade Being Reported - spazz70 - 04-22-2020, 01:46 PM