Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-23-2020, 09:41 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: But OSU wasn’t smart enough to realize how good Burrow was.  

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neither was Joe at the time.  

When we secured the first pick I started reading about Joe. The thing that really struck me about him is that his meteoric rise was a product of adversity. More succinctly put, his response to adversity. He had bad luck with an injury at OSU and was beaten out by a really outstanding quarterback. He responds by seeking out a new opportunity and becoming an absolute student of the game. He literally licked his wounds, got up, and literally conquered the college football world. I am going to get excited every time this kid throws a pick. I might even get excited when he loses a game because he takes it personally and goes to work on improving himself. That is the "it" factor and he has "it" in spades.
As gifted as he was physically, Carson lacked this. Joe is what we thought we had in Carson. 

Absolutely he has to learn the pro game and will struggle in his first year, but this kid can be something special. 
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** - Cicero - 04-24-2020, 03:49 AM