Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Don't forget about Redmond at RG
(04-29-2020, 10:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Impossible to grade them yet, or even say what the strongest unit will be, but what i hope it is...

Jonah -Jordan-Hopkins-XSF-Johnson

If they want to kick Hart inside to one of the OG spots ok, but I really hope he’s not our starting RT.

Indeed; that's my thought on the best line as well.

(04-29-2020, 12:31 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: Was Redmond's problem just strictly false start penalties or was he also giving up a lot pressures to the QB?

I honestly think that Johnson at RT and Redmond at RG could be a very mauler type duo in the run game on that right side.
I think Redmond has a little bit of nasty in him. When Dalton got stopped on that 4th down out of the shotgun, to me, he got
manhandled a little bit and none of the lineman came to his defense. I want to see some mean streak in the OL.

Sheerhan on CJ did a bunch of film study on Redmond, back in 2018.

Basically, Redmond was ok in the run game and fine in pass protection when he didn't reach... but he reached literally on ALL of his pass pro snaps.

Instead of trying to engage and punching in the chest, Redmond would stick out his arms and reach; if a DT had leverage or impeccable smarts, Redmond lost the rep EVERY TIME.

Thus, he's got strength and bulk, but either very little smarts or just horrible technique and can't improve.

Then, you have his penalties...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't forget about Redmond at RG - CJD - 04-28-2020, 08:29 PM
RE: Don't forget about Redmond at RG - Truck_1_0_1_ - 04-29-2020, 01:00 PM