Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton finds a new team. Congrats
I hope he gets a shot there. I really do.

I think what Dallas may find is that their QB, who turned down 32 mil per year, can be replaced by a guy like Andy with little to no drop-off.

Dak is one of those QB's I've never been close to sold on. He started his career with probably the best OL in football, a top 5 running back, and ample weapons. All playing for organization that spares no expense in everything that surrounds the team (facilities, training, scouting, ammentities, etc.)

I honestly believe that whether they started Prescott or Dalton this year that the results would be very similar. Dalton is currently undervalued, only due to the market and his previous employer, while Dak is overvalued due his surroundings.

Basically what I'm saying is, the current payscale for QB's is entirely out of whack. For Prescott to turn down a 32 mil multi year deal, and for Dalton to take a 3 mil (up to 7 with incentives) tells you everything you need to know.

I'm not so sure teams wouldn't be better served either working off rookie deals at the position or looking for veterans like AD, and spreading the savings around elsewhere.

Andy Dalton + 25-29 in cap space vs. Dak Prescott @ 32 mil is an easy choise to make for me...

Good luck, Andy. I'm rooting for ya. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton finds a new team. Congrats - Wes Mantooth - 05-02-2020, 11:44 PM