Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton finds a new team. Congrats
(05-02-2020, 11:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’d have to get over them primetime/big stage woes real quick...

Carson had the same woes and got over them as soon as he left Cincy.

(05-03-2020, 12:09 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: Is Dak 33 million better than Dalton? I don't think so

Let's be honest here. If we flipped their situations last year, their stats are probably flipped, too.

(05-03-2020, 03:35 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Let me point out that you just said Andy Dalton, a guy who has like $100,000,000 due to his ability to throw a football, is a class act, but f*** Dak for wanting a big contract. 

Also, getting on a QB's arse for wanting $40 million a year may seem wise now, but if Joe Burrow turns out to be as good as we want him to be we're going to have to stomach paying him damn near $50 million a year in 2025. Brace yourself to hate on Burrow!*

*or we could just stop getting bent out of shape over other people's bank accounts

I don't think it's so much that people are worried about someone's bank account so much as they know $40 million per is a huge chunk of cap that kinda cripples a team's ability to sign other good players, of which the Cowboys have a lot.

People aren't sold on Dak yet. He's been surrounded with a wealth of talent that makes 2015 Dalton blush, yet he hasn't accomplished much of anything. Dalton was paid below market value really. Meanwhile, Dak is asking to (I think) be paid as the top QB in the NFL.

(05-03-2020, 11:55 AM)McC Wrote: I guess this means Andy's last stop will have to be in AZ.

Well, Boomer, Blake and Palmer all started for AZ late in their careers. So I'm sure they'll sign Andy at some point.

(05-03-2020, 12:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I see most of you are talking about Dalton starting if Dak holds out.

I don't think Dak will hold out, but he may play under the tag and be gone next year. That is when Dalton would get a chance to start. The Cowboys would have the flexibility to draft a QB that neeeds a year to develope because they would already have the bridge in place.

Plus it's a 1 year deal for Andy. Best case scenario is he gets to take over a loaded team in his hometown. Worst case, he gets to spend a year holding a clipboard at home for $3 million, then gets to hit the market next year, with far less QBs available.

It really is a perfect move for both Dallas and Dalton.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton finds a new team. Congrats - Shake n Blake - 05-03-2020, 12:48 PM